Marvel's Avengers' PC requirements are here: make space on your SSD

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: After becoming one of the many recent games to push its original release date back, Marvel's Avengers finally arrives on September 4. For those eager to take control of the superheroes earlier, a preorder beta test launches on Steam tomorrow. As such, Square Enix has revealed how powerful your PC needs to be to play it: definitely more Hawkeye than Hulk.

The PC version of Marvel's Avengers comes with a number of platform-specific features, including the option to download and install a 30GB high-resolution texture pack. There's also fully customizable mouse/keyboard and controllers—you can even switch between the two input methods seamlessly, assuming that's something you enjoy.

Elsewhere, the game supports multi-monitor setups, ultra-wide resolutions, and unlocked framerates, which will be welcome news for those rocking high-refresh-rate displays. To get the most out of the game, here's what Square Enix recommends:

Minimum:

• CPU: i3-4160 or AMD equivalent
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD 270 (min 2GB video ram)
  • DirectX 12
  • 75GB HDD space

Recommended: 

• Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K, 3.4 Ghz or AMD Ryzen 51600, 3.2 Ghz
  • 16GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 8GB.
  • DirectX 12
  • 110GB SSD space

That's not too demanding on the hardware side. The 110GB of SSD space includes the aforementioned texture pack, and a lot of triple AAA games these days do take up a lot of storage space.

The Marvel's Avengers PC preorder beta launches on Steam this August 14 - 16, with preloading available from today. The open beta starts on August 21, and the full game arrives on September 4. Those buying it on a PS4 or Xbox One will be able to upgrade to the next-gen consoles free.

Permalink to story.

*ahem*

"I liked the Anthem beta more than this."

And for a AAA cash-grab, could they not make the heroes look like something I ordered from wish.com?

Hard pass.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare is over 100GB large and it seems like every few days there is a 40GB update. Had to uninstall the game beacuse of it. Really annoying.

Ok, it looks pretty fun and has great graphics but what is up with the different character's faces and voices? I mean it is an official Marvel game right?

Teens will appreciate anything that looks cool. For them it's like playing with action hero figurines in real life. With friends it's fun. Games targeted at children is what matters. Children don't have knowledge to expect something of high quality, also they cannot spend money wisely. Exploiting children is good business.
Old geezers with their rants have little value for such business.

Been waiting for this game already have the drive space and Fiber connection is ready for the download.

So about this is an 80GB download without the high res pack.

As for that video posted above he has some legit complaints.

I've seen someone playing the beta last week.

You do have the ability to adjust the screen shake I saw someone turn it down in the menu.

Motion blur not sure about that one.

Frame rates issues on the console I will be playing this on a PC so not expecting that to be an issue.

Will wait for the open Beta on steam to make a final verdict.

Last edited:
Destiny is years older and 95GB. Not sure why I need space on my hdd for a game that looks like Dying light, only with Marvel characters, and not as fun.

Skip.

It's a super hero game not built by rocksteady, pass.
It is made by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos-Montreal, though, and both have produced some pretty decent games in the past decade:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Tomb Raider (reboot)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

While none of those titles were perfect, Rocksteady themselves tripped up somewhat with Arkham City. That all said, the years of Avenger films does make the choice of voice actors seem somewhat jarring.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare is over 100GB large and it seems like every few days there is a 40GB update. Had to uninstall the game beacuse of it. Really annoying.
Lets not start making things up now. The game itself when launched was 40-60gb. Plus there was Warzone. Most ppl getting big updates is because they have both installed. Also 40gb updates are only when there is a big patch which isnt all the time. It may be more frequent than some are use to buy its nothing new. Anyone claiming anything else isnt a gamer or simply doesnt do research when buying. Know what you are buying that way you dont need to start making things up on a tech site.
Btw, most of the updates you see weekly are in MBs not GBs. Its for smaller things like playlist updates and the like not a major update.

Lets not start making things up now. The game itself when launched was 40-60gb. Plus there was Warzone. Most ppl getting big updates is because they have both installed. Also 40gb updates are only when there is a big patch which isnt all the time. It may be more frequent than some are use to buy its nothing new. Anyone claiming anything else isnt a gamer or simply doesnt do research when buying. Know what you are buying that way you dont need to start making things up on a tech site.
Btw, most of the updates you see weekly are in MBs not GBs. Its for smaller things like playlist updates and the like not a major update.
Right now, install is 119GB for Warzone, IDK if it includes the single player, I don't have it bought. I launched Battle.net once and it had a 40GB update, I then deleted it. Some time after I felt like trying it out again and after a few days of having it it had another huge-*** 40GB update.

So you installed warzone and it was big, umm its suppose to be. Then you happened to install it later n there was another update. hmm again thats called progress and very normal in todays games.
Again try doing research on a game. Couldnt hurt since most knew all this was going to happen. There was a article on TS about Warzone and its size before it launched.

Back