MB fried ?? question and input

harry66

Hi ,everyone I have a MB that was working fine until I tried to install a upgrade cpu , I smell smoke for 1 minutes I though it might a been the new paste or the dust from my old gpu card .

the MB starts on and off then I pull the 4 pin out of the MB the ps the fans all work but it wont boot up . I tried 1 ram out at a time that didnt work .

Do you think it maybe repairable like replacing a part on the MB or its fried ??

The MB is M3N78 VM am2 with 2.7 dual 7750 95 w cpu , was trying to in phenom II x 4 quad 3 .0 with 125 watts . It says it compatable but the watts is different maybe that was the problem but I also ,when installing the used quad I lock in place , had a few attempt to tried to clamp down the heat sink and the cpu some how got release bent the pins and glue on to the heat sink , now I put back the dual 2.7 and the computer still dont work , but I know now how to install that damm clamp now lol .

Do you think there any hope ? can it be fix it ? like voltage regulator or something .or just change the MB .Thanks

If new CPU was approved list for motherboard, then the 125 w should not be issue unless you have a wimpy HS.

Smoke is 'not good', bent pins are bad, could be fatal.

Suggest you try a 'bench top build' - but be sure you have access to manual for motherboard.

Back