Meaning of this debug text?

geoffcox

Hello

After removing some faulty RAM all has been well for a month or so - now just had another crash and would appreciate any comment re its meaning!

Thanks

Geoff

file attached

Attachments

• debug-301110.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 1
0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to access a higher IRQ Level than what they are supposed to resulting in system crashes.

Do you have recent minidump files that you can attach in your next post, minus the one in the debug log? Please don't zip each one individually.

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to access a higher IRQ Level than what they are supposed to resulting in system crashes.

Do you have recent minidump files that you can attach in your next post, minus the one in the debug log? Please don't zip each one individually.

Hello,

minidump attached ..

Cheers

Geoff

Attachments

• 113010-17046-01.dmp
    150.1 KB · Views: 1
Another 0xA error but like the first nothing definitive. When do these crashes occur?

'sorry - I misunderstood you - the dump file is the one for which I previously sent the windbg output file !

The previous crash was about 5 weeks ago. Actually the PC rebooted this time.

A few minutes ago I had a black screen for a few seconds and then the message "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

I have a Nvidia Geforce 6200 display adapter - version 8.17.12.6099 which is dated 16 October 2010. I think this is the latest but in event viewer I see,

"The application (nVidia Display drivers/nView Desktop Manager (NVIDIA Drivers), from vendor NVidia) has the following problem: nVidia Display drivers/nView Desktop Manager (NVIDIA Drivers) is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact NVidia."

Well I have tried contacting Nvidia and I just get the suggestion to install the latest driver .. which I have done.

I may just need to get a new display adapter as I now have Windows 7 Home Premium - the PC originally had XP Pro on it.

Any thoughts?!

Cheers

Geoff

Yes, if for some reason the updating didn't seem to "take", i.e., still getting the same problems, try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

hello

I carried out your steps 1 - 4 using Driver Sweeper and noticed

1. with step 4 I booted into safe mode rather than the normal mode (was this correct?) and checked Device Manager for the display adapter and found an entry for the display adapter called Nvidia Geoforce 6200 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) with a yellow exclamation mark and a message saying that "cannot start this hardware device as configuration in registry incomplete".

2. The "incomplete" part presumably due to the work of Driver Sweeper but I noticed that when I ran the Driver Sweeper and selected the 3 or 4 items with the Nvidia name this included one called included Nvidia chipset (this OK?!) but then I could see that a few Nvidia registry items listed were not ticked but I could not alter this - the option to do this was greyed out.

3. I installed the latest Nvida driver and all seems well at the moment!

Any comments?

Cheers

Geoff

If its working and all is stable then just let things as they are. Why it is working is hard to tell. Keep us updated.

Hello

'will do!

I do think the Driver Sweeper removed parts that the ordinary removal failed to do as I have had no further Event Viewer/Application error messages re Nvidia and also I can now run the Nvidia control pannel which I couldn't before.

Thanks for you help!

Cheers

Geoff

Excellent! Great to hear of your resolve, thanks for getting back to us, and glad I could be of help. :)

Back