Megaupload seizures illegal says NZ High Court - Case in disarray

The drastic action against him looked excessive from the start, whereas the legal case against him proved weak.

Yet, the feds got what they wanted, which was to scare file hosts and downloaders. As a result, many file hosts closed or changed policy, only allowing an uploader’s own files to be downloaded.

What’s more, Kim Dotcom is still not freed after six months, which is almost equivalent to him being found guilty and serving a sentence.

Though I cannot support piracy, this is not the way for so-called justice to work.

Like you said, they've killed one of the biggest file-sharing sites to prove a point. I'm beginning to wonder if they ever planned to follow it through or not. If its thrown out the US Government should be paying compensation for what they did. Instead, they'll hide behind legal tape and allow Dotcom to use up all his personal fortune until nothing remains, then walk away.

I'll be very surprised if NZ ever allow him to be extradited.

Considering the legal systems of two, I'd back your guess that NZL may not allow dotcom to be deported to US. I think IF this case fall through (as many suspect), its ill effects will diminish over time, with them also the ability of USG to do much about newer/other sites (as long as they are careful). So in a nutshell, this case will hurt the 'prosecution' side more in the longer run.

Back