Memory reference error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Whenever i close my firefox browser the following reference memory error is displayed:

firefox.exe - application error

The instruction at "0x60591d60" referenced memory at "0x003cd140". The memory could not be "read." Click on OK to terminate the program

I have reinstalled firefox 3.05 twice. Still the problems persists. Any assistance to address this problem is highly appreciated...

When you go to access Firefox are you unable to after this memory error is displayed or does this only occur at logging off?

In other words, is are there any times you can't log on to Firefox after this memory error warning occurs?

I run IE6 and I get a similar message from time to time but it never prevents me from logging on again.

Hi there...

Besides this message displayed when i close firefox, everything seems to be fine. I can use the browser normally. It is just irritating to see that error message displayed. By the way, I also use IE7 and this message doesn't show when I'm using that...

The instruction at "0x60591d60"

Check this number string again. You are the only person on the internet who has it!

Many times, referenced memory errors can be due to having too many programs open at the same time. However, you do not tell us how much RAM you have installed, so that could be an issue.

Something else to consider- do you have a lot of add-ons and extensions on Firefox. You might need to remove them and add back one at a time to see if one is a high resource user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back