Meta settles Facebook/Cambridge Analytica class-action lawsuit, preventing Zuckerberg...

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Four years have passed since Facebook was rocked by the biggest scandal in the company's history, Cambridge Analytica, but it's still dealing with the fallout. The social network's parent, Meta, has just agreed to settle a privacy lawsuit over the case, thereby ensuring CEO Mark Zuckerberg, current chief operating officer Javier Oliva, and former COO Sheryl Sandberg avoid hours of questioning from lawyers while under oath.

Facebook endured what was arguably (it's had plenty) the company's biggest PR disaster to date when news that now-defunct British political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica harvested the personal data of 90 million users for targeted political ads during the UK's Brexit referendum and 2016 US presidential campaign.

A whistleblower's revelations rocked Facebook in 2018, leading to Zuckerberg testifying before congress and a $5 billion fine levied on the company by the Federal Trade Commission in July 2019. Both Facebook and Cambridge Analytica claimed they did no wrong.

The incident also led to a class-action lawsuit filed in 2018 on behalf of Facebook users who allege the company violated consumer privacy laws by sharing private data with other firms. Zuckerberg and the other executives were due to give their depositions from September 20, but that won't be happening after Meta decided to settle.

No financial terms or other details of the in-principle settlement were given in the court filing. However, it does ask the judge to place the lawsuit on hold for 60 days until lawyers for both plaintiffs and Meta finalize the written settlement agreement.

A different lawsuit filed last year claims Facebook overpaid the FTC by $4.9 billion as a way for Zuckerberg, Sandberg, and other executives to avoid being named in the complaint, exposed to personal liability, and sitting for depositions.

Zuckerberg is also facing a lawsuit from Washington DC's attorney general. Karl A. Racine sued the Meta boss back in May over allegations that Zuckerberg was personally involved in failures that led to the Cambridge Analytica incident and his "policies enabled a multi-year effort to mislead users about the extent of Facebook's wrongful conduct." The suit also claims the scandal resulted from Zuckerberg wanting to open Facebook up to third-party developers and that he was aware of the associated risks of data leaks.

Permalink to story.

Anyone curious look up Zuckerbeg admitting a few days ago was told to lie when it came to Hunters laptop during election time. Curious if this will be banned here. People need to know the truth. I hate Zuckerberg but props for him calling out the FBI now. This was on Joe Rogen and he admitted it on the podcast.

Anyone curious look up Zuckerbeg admitting a few days ago was told to lie when it came to Hunters laptop during election time. Curious if this will be banned here. People need to know the truth. I hate Zuckerberg but props for him calling out the FBI now. This was on Joe Rogen and he admitted it on the podcast.
"props for him calling out the FBI" ???
Why are you making the assumption that it is the truth?

Zuck likely lied about the FBI asking them to censor the info

If you don't believe that, then ask Zuck for his Ring Doorbell video footage showing the FBI agent walking up to Facebook HQ

Ask for the security videos of the agent inside Amazon HQ

Ask for an exact copy of the agents sign in at the front desk

What Corporation would let a stranger enter without signing in?

What Corporation would believe that it was an actual FBI agent and not a Russian disinfo perp unless they knew him personally?

Did they know the agent personally from past encounters?
Then give us his name!

Right....
It never happened!
Zuck Lied!

Facebook censored the news on their own!

Blaming the FBI was the easy way out
Who would ever find out he's lying?

Could YOU?

Last edited:
"props for him calling out the FBI" ???
Why are you making the assumption that it is the truth?

Zuck likely lied about the FBI asking them to censor the info

If you don't believe that, then ask Zuck for his Ring Doorbell video footage showing the FBI agent walking up to Facebook HQ

Ask for the security videos of the agent inside Amazon HQ

Ask for an exact copy of the agents sign in at the front desk

What Corporation would let a stranger enter without signing in?

What Corporation would believe that it was an actual FBI agent and not a Russian disinfo perp unless they knew him personally?

Did they know the agent personally from past encounters?
Then give us his name!

Right....
It never happened!
Zuck Lied!

Facebook censored the news on their own!

Blaming the FBI was the easy way out
Who would ever find out he's lying?

Could YOU?
WHy would he lie to the FBI, that is the last person you would want to lie too. It adds up look up the computer store that had Hunters laptop. Australia Sky News has done reports of the FBI being very shady. Look at the FBI protecting Cuomo. Do research the FBI is trash. There are investigations that Jim Jordan and others post to the American people with FBI agents that were caught in lies. Aslo the 1200+ pdf page report has stated Comey was running around scared that him and the FBI will be investigated by Trump and that's what is basically says in the impeachment process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1hhRZQabfY
When we lost faith with the FBI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvWN5dDWcJo

White House lied and said they didn't know but were now caught approving the raid. Wake up.

WHy would he lie to the FBI
Who said he lied to the FBI?

I never said that
These ARE the facts >

Zuck Lies
Trump Lies
Alex Jones Lies
Biden Lies
But did they Lie to the FBI?
Who said they lied to the FBI?

The FBI Lies as well and perjur's their testimony in Federal Courts, but that is a different issue

They Lie to YOU!

I'm saying that as a Fact and Fact Checking is Welcomed!
But only FACTS, verified by EVIDENCE

No more hearsay, like Zuck claiming "basically" that "someone" from the FBI came to "some members" of his team with bla bla bla

Who was the FBI agent?
Who were the members of the Facebook team?
What "Exactly" was said?
What is your "EVIDENCE" ?

yeah, that's what I thought
Let me know when you have some

Last edited:
Trump is incapable of opening his mouth without lying, but that's not the subject of this article...

Meta sucks! LIARS! They need to admit all their misgivings and to conspiring with democrats to sway elections.

As far as Hunter, ALL of the MSM claimed "Russian disinformation" over and over and over. Guess what? IT WAS NOT! The laptop is REAL and the FBI sat on the information at the behest of corrupt democrats and the deep state.

We already knew that the FBI, most of the media, Hollywood and social media were been part of a grand conspiracy even before Time Magazine did an expose on it. The magazine called this "protecting democracy". Think about that.

Wanna bet Zuck was TOLD under threat you WILL squish any talks, reports, leaks on the Biden lapto until AFTER the 2020 election...OR ELSE.
Hell, the FBI can make up anything they want on someone. Have been doing so since J.Edgar Hoover ran the stupid FBI in the 30's.

One just needs to waste 3 minutes of their time, read comments here by loonies posing as smart techies...with said loonies talking about world-wide conspiracies and one knows immediately what's wrong with this planet!!

Negative intelligence is not a metaphor anymore.

Wanna bet Zuck was TOLD under threat you WILL squish any talks, reports, leaks on the Biden lapto until AFTER the 2020 election...OR ELSE.
Hell, the FBI can make up anything they want on someone. Have been doing so since J.Edgar Hoover ran the stupid FBI in the 30's.
Yes I wanna bet!

I say it never happened and you say it did

Now prove it and you will win the bet!

Go on....
I dare ya
I double dare ya

Welcome to the US justice system for the rich. For poor people, US (in)justice system has jail.
Yep, ain't capitalism grand?
One just needs to waste 3 minutes of their time, read comments here by loonies posing as smart techies...with said loonies talking about world-wide conspiracies and one knows immediately what's wrong with this planet!!

Negative intelligence is not a metaphor anymore.
I have all of the loonies blocked because it's easier here to pretend that they just don't exist. My best friend's name on on techspot is "Ignore". :laughing:

Last edited:
Yes I wanna bet!

I say it never happened and you say it did

Now prove it and you will win the bet!

Go on....
I dare ya
I double dare ya
Those rightwing loonies love to throw big conspiracy BS around. Don't expect them to have a rat's orifice worth of proof though!

You're STILL caterwauling about "The Laptop?" How desperately stupid can you be?

Next you'll STILL be whining about Hillary.

Back