MicroSD card formatting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i have a 4gb MicroSD card that i put into my phone. but for some reason, my computer wont recognize it, and it says that it needs to be formatted. so, when i start the formatting, right before ir finished it says "Unable to format device" or something similar. I dont understand what to do.

Does the card work well on your phone? Have you formatted it on your phone? I had the same problem with a 16gb Sandisk microSd that turned out to be defective. Try formatting it through Administrative tool>Computer management>Disk management.

You must format the device with FAT32, not NTFS... and FAT32 should be available to you if you look for it.

Well, now my phone doesnt recognize it either. when i go on my phones memory, it should show "Phone" and "Memory card" there. but it only shows phone.
Right, i tried it through disk management but i got the same error at the end. and i tried with fat 32. ill post a few more details later.

Defective memory module, is my guess. Have you tried a different memory module from a different source?

No. but the thing is that the Card was working before. but then, i reformatted it, and then i reverted the phone to factory settings. and then it stopped working. but ill try buying a new one.

Well, i havent reordered it yet. but i didnt try it on a different device.
Yes, it shows that it has 3.8 gb.

But thats the thing, jsut a couple of days ago it worked perfectly, until i reformated it. and id done that before to. but after this reformat it stopped working.

i would reformat it one more time, and be sure you are formatting with FAT32... When it shows that memory content, you may be facing nothing more than a minor glitch

first check with camera
if its recognize with camera
then try to format with camera
after successfully format in camera
use with pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back