1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft: IE9 adoption "about five times higher" than that of IE8

By Emil ยท 7 replies
Apr 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced that so far, the adoption rate of Internet Explorer 9 is about five times higher then what the company saw for Internet Explorer 8 in the same time frame. Over 90 percent of IE9 downloads (through March 27) came from non-IE9 RC and non-Beta users, and over a quarter came from Chrome and Firefox users.

Read the whole story

2. tacobfm

tacobfm TS Rookie Posts: 59

I downloaded it for the hulu plus free trial.

3. I downloaded it for the free copy of Chrome and Firefox I could download through it. ;)

4. Mamoon69

Mamoon69 TS Rookie Posts: 18

IE9 crashes alot. IE8 is extremely stable compared to IE9 (latest release)

5. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

I have been running IE9 since the release candidate and now the production version, have not experienced the type of problem you are describing. Perhaps I just don't understand what you mean by crashes a lot.

6. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior TS Rookie Posts: 131

I think he meant "than".

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 12,507   +2,300

That's actually a tough call. Although if you're a purist, you would have to change the "what" to "when", plus a bit of surgery on the prepositional phase.

As it stands, since IE-8 was released in the past, it's sort of a "then". Meh, but it's probably more of a than. :confused:

In direct, (but slightly indirect), response to the topic, does that 5X multiplier ratio extend to include Windows 7 to Vista adopters also?

8. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior TS Rookie Posts: 131

No....no, it's 'than'. It's comparing two things. "The adoption rate of IE9 is five times higher THAN what the company saw for IE8". It's not a tough call. 'Than' is the correct spelling.