Microsoft .NET refuses to intall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auldsod

A Google search for a fix shows that a lot of people are experiencing this problem: .net will not install. Has anyone got a fix for this; and what is Microsoft's responsibiliity? Without .net there are quite a few programs I cannot run. Please assist.

I don't know if I know the answer but which .NET are you talking about (1.1, 2.0 or 3.5) and what is the source of the .NET you are trying to install, Windows Update, MS Download Center or something else?

MS .NET refuses to install

Hi Mailpup, the whole series from 1.1 through to 3.5 SP 1- anything .NET simply will not install. not even the signed .NET 2. All downloads go fine, and installs go the what seems the very end, then comes the message "was unable to install (this particular ).NET. Microsoft tried, I tried, - same result. Same with Visual Studio. Do a Google Search on the subject "Microsoft .NET refuses to install. Any fix?" Hundreds of folk are tearing their hair. Me, I'm bald.. Result, many of my programs will not work. Thanks.

No. I have avast! as AV and COMODO as Firewall, AntiSpyware: MalwareBytes'Antimalware, SuperAntispyware, Spywareblaster 4.2, ThreatFire, lObii 360.. I have had .NET install easily for 6 yrs now (I am 73) without a hitch. The new Microsoft Updates came in whilst I was reinstalling after a format. (Raw reinstall of my XP Home SP3). When I got down to installing .NET. simply, no go. A Google search for a fix (I found none) revealed hundreds of people are experiencing the same problem,,. but no fix. Thanks for taking an interest to help me. It looks like another format and reinstall - this time with Microsoft Updates disabled and no security programs installed.?

.NET refuses to install

Sorry Mailpup, the successful downloads were all from Microsoft direct - they tried, I tried -.no problem with downloading, just the install which runs to the end, then the 'unable to instll .NET. message" I hope I"m making sense! We tried all the .NETs, from l.l to 3.5 SP 1.

"I've found Aaron Stebner's WebLog a helpful resource to fix net framework issues" Thanks LookingAround, tried that, no go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back