Microsoft offers free Xbox Live Gold weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

In an effort to boost the numbers of Gold subscribers on Xbox Live and to celebrate a host of new features being added to the service, Microsoft is giving all Xbox 360 owners the chance to get mangled online by complete strangers for free. From the 20th of November until the 23rd, Silver members in the United States will be able to try out all the services available on Xbox Live Gold and see if they're worth the yearly fee.

With the addition of Facebook, Twittter, and Last.fm compatibility, as well as the recent launches of Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Borderlands, there's no better time to show off what Xbox Live has to offer. European gamers will get the same treatment the following weekend, from the 25th until the 30th of November.

Keep in mind that not all features are available in all regions. Sky Player, for example, is available to European users whereas Netflix only applies to customers in the U.S.

Permalink to story.

This is their way of getting more people with modified consoles to connect to Xbox Live so that they can be banned permanently as well as having their consoles crippled.

Will this apply to New Zealand xbox users? If not all hail PS3 coz atleast u can play online for free

I dont new zeland get this deal. Its only in US for this weekend and next for Europeans. Buy an xbox live code

Guest said:
This is their way of getting more people with modified consoles to connect to Xbox Live so that they can be banned permanently as well as having their consoles crippled.

That is exactly what I thought the moment I read the title!
We'll have to wait and see if another ban wave happens after lol

I agree. I'm no fan of microsoft but there's absolutely nothing negative about gold weekends. It just offers everyone a taste of online games for a weekend and if your console is modified, then you deserve to have it disabled.

ps3 is way better cause its free!!!!AND THERE IS NO BS AT ALL the xbox live menu said free
gold to all silvers from april 1st 2010 to april 5th 2010, guess what? such bs i am a silver and it wouldnt let me do online multiplayer when it said it would

Maybe it was a april fool?? i hope there is a free weekend coz that would b awsome

main my xbox is modified and i dont get banned
i just dont play my copied games online only the ones i bought in the store
so...it's all up to yourself if u play urr copied games online u get banned...

this is not true. the weekend is from the 25th through that monday.
your website is awful and ruined my weekend.

Microsoft offers free Xbox Live Gold weekend
By Jose Vilches, TechSpot.com
Published: November 19, 2009, 11:42 AM EST
2009, you dolt. It's not the site's fault you can't check dates.

Good...all moders and hackers should be put against a wall and shot in the back of the head!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back