Microsoft reimagined logo for Windows 8 is official

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Microsoft has revealed a redesigned logo for Windows 8 in a recent post on the company’s official Windows team blog. Redmond’s new operating system logo borrows heavily from the original…

Read the whole story

Mister_K

Don't like it. Windows98 was decent, XP not bad and Windows 7 (W7 Proffesional) was the best imho.... This one just does not look right :S

G

This logo needs to change color and rotate itself 90 degrees; still looks like a flag. Look at the 89 logo.

G

Windows 1 logo is far better from that. My proposal http://i44.tinypic.com/ra6h3m.jpg
ra6h3m.jpg

agissi

I always thought they had a flag because it was more creative than just windows ^.^

taimuraly

I think it needs the red, green, blue and yellow back. Those colours have become part of the Microsoft Windows brand and without them it the new logo looks soulless.

6ooob9.png
- my suggestion made using Microsoft PowerPoint

Mister_K

taimuraly said:
I think it needs the red, green, blue and yellow back. Those colours have become part of the Microsoft Windows brand and without them it the new logo looks soulless.

6ooob9.png
- my suggestion made using Microsoft PowerPoint

QFT

TomSEA

I liked the Vista one best - nice and tidy and with colors. The Windows 8 one looks like a logo you'd see for a dentist office. :p

tipstir

Needs some more color to it! Time to bring back Billy Boy as the VP that running it now only going for the lighter shades of blue!

Relic

Not a fan, very dull especially considering the past logos. Think they could've done a much better job.

G

It looks like Sweden and Greece's flags got jiggy with it, like a Will Smith song...

... not original. I liked their first icon better.

-RC

G

It looks like a flag if you want to see it like a flag. True, it does not look like a window either but I suppose the marketing guys just need to prove they worth the money by actually doing something.
Just thinking what real improvement a new logo can do to a operating system. Maybe fool you to buy it cause you will think it's something brand new ? ;)

Archean

Win7's was the most elegant amongst all these IMO, although the new proposed logo doesn't look as 'charming', but it will look alright provided they add the colors.