Microsoft to integrate Windows Mobile, Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

In a rather unsurprising move it looks like Microsoft is getting ready to have Xbox Live enabled games ported to Windows Mobile phones. A recent job posting reveals that the company is looking for someone to occupy the role of Principal Program Manager to help “drive the platform and bring Xbox LIVE enabled games to Windows Mobile” focusing on aspects such as “avatar integration, social interactions, and multi-screen experiences.”

Mobile Tech World spotted the job listing alongside another for a Software Test Engineer position that appears to be related. The description mentions mobile gaming and always connected devices, as well as the "opportunity to make a critical impact the next release of Windows Mobile." Sadly, that last part in particular suggest that users may have to wait until the release of Windows Mobile 7 in late 2010 before seeing any of this.

Microsoft's strongest commitment to mobile gaming so far has been the launch of Zune HD games. It remains to be seen what will this mean for the Tegra-equipped portable media player if Windows Mobile is to become the Xbox LIVE portable gaming platform.

Permalink to story.

> focusing on aspects such as “avatar integration, social interactions, and multi-screen experiences.”

I wish they'd focus on good games. :)

Anyway, I figure my WM 6.0 phone won't be supported.

No kidding ET3D... I got something in the mail from Xbox Live telling me about what I missed out on this year, and when it showed me avatars, facebook, and yet another guitar hero, I laughed and remembered why I won't be renewing Xbox Live. The gaming is gone.

meh...if only M$ could 'integrate' real world cash in their pay options (Xbox Live, Zune Marketplace, Games for Windows Live).

They should focus on fixing Games for Windows Live before they start moving on and expanding Live platform...GFWL feels like its in beta so many features missing/incomplete not to mention the fact that they sell GFWL in countries that can't even use it. It still has potential to be awesome.../shrug time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back