Tech Stocking Stuffers: 18 awesome gifts under $50

Microsoft to launch Xbox TV next year, focuses on streaming and casual games

By Jos ยท 6 replies
Nov 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has been hard at work making the Xbox 360 more than just a gaming console, adding a host of video options and apps alongside features such as the new SmartGlass and a web browser. According to a report from...

Read more

2. "Microsoft to launch Xbox TV next year, focuses on streaming and casual games"
    So... they are re-releasing the Xbox 360?

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,922   +630

Weird, why would they diversify their Xbox product lineup, when they're trying to incorporate a ton of features into the one product?

Also, type on 2nd last paragraph: "...which costs which costs current owners..."

4. Sunny87

Sunny87 TS Enthusiast Posts: 115   +11

They all want a slice of that Wii pie and the Wii U want's a slice of that Xbox 360 pie it's like complete role reversal.

5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 997   +93

I hope we get at least some of the content in Canada.

6. I think they need to focus on their OS which is a " HIT or a MISS"

7. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,332   +135

I think that Sunny87 is right. The Wii and other products (Kinect, tablets) has shown that there's a big market for casuals, and it looks pretty obvious that they can be addressed with a low spec product. Ouya is trying it, now Microsoft is trying it. I think that Microsoft has more of a chance of success, but the concept in general is sound.

I think that such a console is likely to compete decently in power with current consoles, I.e., it will offer significantly more performance than the Wii, and probably be able to play semi-hardcore titles.

Sunny87 likes this.