Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error IE7, 8 & Java 6 web interfaces

J

Jadentek

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program : C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

This happens when a users logs on to an ADP payroll site.

So far the 2 fixes that I have found are to

Run check disk (chkdsk /r 30 min ~ 2hrs)

or

User Profile rebuild ( 15 ~ 30 min depending on users data )

Does anyone else have a better solution for this? Most of the related post where from back in 2005 and have been closed and referred to XP recovery or OS reload.

Are you still looking for a solution?

I've helped solve a few the C++ run time errors in the past with info i found in the Event Logs (though never for iexplorer.. they were for 3rd party apps)

In any case, if still a problem post back...

Chances are your ADP payroll site and the current version of C++ installed on the client PC are not compatible - there have been endless updates to the latter. Your best bet is approach the ADP vendors and ask for the currently required (or certified) version of C++ needed, search for that on MS downloads and instll it. You might also establish that IE7 is currently supported by ADP - many people are up to later versions already if they have auto-update switched on (which is often not a good idea if you want to continue using much independant software). I would be amazed if IE7 was not currently supported though.

Back