Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass is heading to the PC

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Microsoft on Thursday introduced a new version of its Xbox Game Pass service specifically for PC gamers. It’s called Xbox Game Pass, just like the original, but it is an entirely new – and separate – service.

Xbox Game Pass will launch with over 100 PC games on Windows 10 from well-known devs and publishers including Paradox Interactive, Sega, Bethesda, Deep Silver and Devolver Digital, among others. In fact, Xbox head Phil Spencer said they are working with more than 75 developers and publishers to fill out the PC library.

What’s more, titles from Xbox Game Studios will be added to Xbox Game Pass for PC on the same day as their global release, just like on the Xbox.

Xbox Game Pass for PC members will also be privy to discounts in the Microsoft Store of up to 20 percent on games in the current library and up to 10 percent off related DLC and add-ons.

Spencer said Microsoft plans to share more information about Xbox Game Pass for PC during its E3 briefing on June 9. That means we’ll have to wait until at least then to learn which games will initially be included, when the service will go live and how much a membership will command.

Permalink to story.

I like this announcement, but I do not like the fact my account for xbox will not auto transfer over to PC.

I’ll have to pay separately for PC?

Shall I ask whats the point of buying a xbox if you have a pc? This is easy for nintendo and sony lol

When a console manufacturer doesn't need to build/sell their hardware (often at a loss) but can still rake in the cash who's the one that's laughing in the end?

Games as a service is the future.

Last edited:
Shall I ask whats the point of buying a xbox if you have a pc? This is easy for nintendo and sony lol

When a console manufacturer doesn't need to build/sell their hardware (often at a loss) but can still rake in the cash who's the one that's laughing in the end?
Lmao reply eh. What an ignorant comment. Console gaming is finally taking a back seat to PC gaming again. With the upcoming launch of PC game pass and Projectt X Cloud, Microsoft will dominate the Gaming market. Sony will try to play catch up by making an app for TVs that streams games, but as usual the quality of Sony app will be trash for the first 5 years until they figure out how to do it right.

Enter Google and they essentially become a gaming juggernaut overnight when they turn every single Chrome browser into a gaming machine. So who has more devices in the end? Google.

Lmao reply eh. What an ignorant comment. Console gaming is finally taking a back seat to PC gaming again. With the upcoming launch of PC game pass and Projectt X Cloud, Microsoft will dominate the Gaming market. Sony will try to play catch up by making an app for TVs that streams games, but as usual the quality of Sony app will be trash for the first 5 years until they figure out how to do it right.

Enter Google and they essentially become a gaming juggernaut overnight when they turn every single Chrome browser into a gaming machine. So who has more devices in the end? Google.

You've quoted the wrong person buddy.
I'm with you on this side of the games as a service argument.

I cant wait for fritangaplays to review this

But why would you pay $20 to play one specific game if you can get it on steam with a heavy summer discount?

Don't forget the Oculus Quest as well. $400 wireless VR with better launch titles then the PS4 or Xbox One, it's essentially a console as well.

10$(idk where I got 10$ from) for access to 100 games, not bad. Depending on the games. Hopefully you can buy one month at a time. lol at some of you, these are just going to be games already ported to pc. This isn't a xbox emulator.

Last edited:

I talked about Xbox, not Playstation. There are actually reasons for me to buy a sony console, they have games that I do like a lot. But xbox has no reasons for me to buy. All games on PC, now even services.

Back