MiniDump help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smodato

Hi all,
I got a new BSOD and I attach the relative miniDump file, any idea what could have been the cause, I was on firefox on a site needing java plugin.
Thanks, bye
Smodato

Attachments

• Mini032410-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 2
What are your computer's specs? Have you checked for virus or other malware infections?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I should be free of viruses or similar (my alert level is pretty high onthis issue). I run XP Pro SPII on a Pentium 4 .
Bye
smodato

Try updating to XP Service Pack 3 and also update and install all other missing critical updates. This may correct your problem

Try updating to XP Service Pack 3 and also update and install all other missing critical updates. This may correct your problem

Thanks, I will do it, in any case is there any particular evidence in the minidump file about something?
Bye
Smodato

"I was on firefox on a site needing java plugin"...

This was a big clue, and XP Service Pack 3 plus all the other missing updates are necessary. Minidumps are very vague in there nature, and many times there are easier more accurate ways to find problems

@smodato

Matrox G400DH Miniport Driver is being cited in your minidump; although one minidump is insufficient to be conclusive, but atleast it gives a definitive clue, so I would advise you to check and update your driver for your Matrox product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back