Minidump problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi after rebooting my laptop I have been getting the following message recently:

C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERedc5.dir00\Mini061708-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERedc5.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have noticed through previous threads that you require some actual minidumps attached so I have done that below.

Would really appreciate some help!

Many thanks,

R

I have not checked all your 15 Minidumps (too many !)
But did check 4 of them

d347bus.sys: Daemon Tools or Alcohol
TFncKy.exe: Toshiba Fn Keys
watchdog.sys: PC Watchdog
smwdm.sys: SoundMAX Digital Audio Driver

This looks to be either Daemon Tools or Alcohol causing the BSODs. Suggest to uninstall whichever one is installed.

Also, there is a possibility that your system drivers require updating, please do that as well.

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Don't want to sound stupid but how do i update my drivers?

And how do I uninstall Deamon Tools or Alcohol?

Also what are BSOD's?

Thanks agaiin...

As you can see I'm not that computer literate!

R

Usually the MiniDump is accumpanied by Blue Screen Of Death (which is basically a big blue screen with technical writing on it.

You need to go to Toshiba (I take it, that you have a Toshiba) support page, and look up your exact model, for all new drivers.

You should go to Control Panel, and then Add/Remove Programs link, then search the list for either Daemon Tools or Alcohol (or both !) and uninstall it

Thanks for this.

I am on the toshiba webpage to download drivers.

Are there any in particular I should do? Or all of them? There are 20...

And I uninstalled Deamon but couldn't find Alcohol...is that ok or is it hidden?

Thanks

R

No you don't have Alcohol (it was one or the other, obviously Deamon)

Anyway, I could say everything on the Toshiba support page (except BIOS as this one is critical, and if not used correctly can stop your computer from running ever !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back