Minidump who could please analyse it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows tells me that there is something wrong with a driver, but I cannot find out what it is! The pc just crashes a couple of times a day, can anyone please analyse my minidump? Thnx! Ronald

Attachments

• Mini123108-01.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 5
Your error is a 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

The faulty driver specifically cited is HPZid412.sys which is a IEEE-1284.4 Driver HPZid or HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 driver by HP.

I noticed that you had SP3 installed. Have you always had SP 3 installed? If not, did the crashes occur after SP3? I am just trying to ascertain if SP3 might be conflicting with this driver. Regardless, see if you can update your driver.

hello, thnx, I'll try to re-install the HP drivers, SP3 is allready working for a couple of month, but I also found out that a hardwaredisk was failing, 'Maxtor powermax said it was repaired now, I'll keep in touch!

I was wondering how you came to the conclusion that HP driver was possible, I managed to read my minidump and all I can find is Hardware disk faillure, is that true? See a detail text out of the minidump

BugCheck F4, {3, 89e597d0, 89e59944, 8060566e}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk

The minidump you provided read both the error and probable cause as I previously stated. To make sure I didn't mistakenly read the incorrect dump I deleted both the Zip file and any and all dumops and re-read what you provided. I got the same read as last time.

Is Powermax the harddrive diagnostic utility provided by Maxtor? If so, did you run a full harddrive diagnostics? Sometimes when running a diagnostic the utility can repair certain issues. Since Seagate has bought out Maxtor I highly suggest using their latest HD diagnostic tool. It should work.

Also, if it is indeed a harddrive failure I strongly suggest you back up everything important/critical either by burning to a CD and/or to flash drives AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Data recovery from a crashed harddrive is very expensive.

hello, Powermax says: your drive is defect, Seagate says: your drive has passed. No error's. But still I get BSOD's, I don't see the possibility to post another new minidump, so I give you the new message that appears since I tried the new drive,
Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003,0x89E1FDA0,0x89E1FF14,0x8060566E) do you know what I could do, I allready changed the sata position on the mobo, anonther cable and so on! Thnx for your help

I woke up! Powermax does only IDE drives, maybe that why the Sata is defect by powermax, that means I have to look further!

Hmmm... this is interestingly strange.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive.

Attach your latest two minidumps and I would still back up all of your data. I am wondering if the issue isn't with your motherboard.

Hmmm... this is interestingly strange.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive.

Attach your latest two minidumps and I would still back up all of your data. I am wondering if the issue isn't with your motherboard.

I replaced the drive and installed XP Pro with SP3, now the BSOD stays away, but I got the terrible problem of beeing unable to update via Microsoft update because it keeps redirecting me to msn.com. do you possibly know where I can post this problem? thnx

I replaced the drive and installed XP Pro with SP3, now the BSOD stays away, but I got the terrible problem of beeing unable to update via Microsoft update because it keeps redirecting me to msn.com. do you possibly know where I can post this problem? thnx

Yep, defective harddrives are a major headache and you did the right thing by replacing your harddrive.

As for the other issue Windows gets tricky about activation any time you change out hardware, rinstall, etc. I would try a new post under the Windows OS forum. Give them a brief background of your former issue, how you rectified it, but now how you are having problems updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back