Minitab error

techsuitor

New to this forum.. Nice meeting you everyone!

did you guys encountered this error?

- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.-

...and then after I click ok, the installation rolled back.

This error has occured whenever I installed the Minitab 15 English in a Windows 7 or Windows Vista OS based computer.

Q: It's incompatibility, right? So, is there a version of Minitab that is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista?

I really need this application. Any idea or information will much be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :).

compatibility issue

Hello Techsuitor. Error 1722 is the typical error encountered when one attempts to install the first point release of Minitab 15 (which was not Vista-compatible) on either Windows Vista or 7. If you purchased a copy of Minitab 15 (or have access to a purchased copy) and simply need to install successfully, you should contact Minitab Technical Support (814-231-2682). They can provide the link that you need to download the most current point release of Minitab 15, which is compatible with both Windows Vista and 7. If you simply want to evaluate the software, you can download a 30-day free trial of Minitab 16 directly from Minitab's website.

I hope this is helpful information.

Thanks for the reply eliw722.

May I know if I can download the most current point release of Minitab 15 on their technical support for free?

Glad to help. Yes, the download (and Minitab Technical Support in general) is free. If you do not want to make the phone call (which is not toll-free), you can create an account on the Minitab website and submit your request via the Support section.

Back