Mirc disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyb75460

Since I cleaned viruses off my computer (along with my mirc program), it will not stay connected to the internet. I have always had this problem whenever I have to reload mirc on this Vista computer. I have managed to fix it before after lots of trials and errors, but I can't remember how.

The error code is [10053] Software caused connection abort.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

Thanks!

Yep, tried most of those things and they haven't solved the problem. That thread is for XP users and my problem is with Vista - I'm not sure whether that is significant or not.

Which version of MIRC you are using? and also check whether the IP settings are same as on your PC, in mirc local settings.

You can check your settings by going to Start, Programs, then Accessories and opening command prompt, then type ipconfig /all. Have a look at your IP to compare it with the one in mirc local settings.

I'm using Mirc 6.35. IPv4?? which says (preferred)? If so, it ends in 101 and the local settings in Mirc say 100. I checked "On connect, get IP address" to see if that will help.

Thanks!

I connected mirc using /server irc.rootsweb.com 6667 with this server and let it run for many hours without disconnection; I guess it can either be issue with your internet connection / or winsock. However, try connecting to some other network e.g. undernet or dalnet; and let me know if the problem persist on these networks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back