Missing CD/DVD drive..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is the second time I've had this problem, but last time i was able to fix it. I don't think I can fix it this time the same time i did last time

On my Acer t690 vista desktop, the CD/DVD drive is gone. In the device manager it comes up as error code 39, as the driver being missing or corrupt.
A few months ago this very thing happened, error code 39 and all.
I was able to fix it by downloading a "fix it" program from the microsoft website, if I remember correctly.

But this time, I have no internet on my desktop.
Though i was about to get my internet back, I need the CD/DVD drive to that. But its not there.
I've tried uninstalling the driver, and reinstalling, but that didn't work. And the driver is supposedly up to date.

Any help, please?

The easiest way to go about fixing it would be to use another computer to download a driver from Acer's site, or the optical drive manufacturer's site. You can then copy the drivers to a USB flash drive (you may need to extract some kind of package first, like a .ZIP file) and then run the Hardware Update Wizard. From there, you can specify where to find the driver files (i.e. the flash drive letter) and then it should install the new drivers allowing you to use the CD/DVD drive again.
If that isn't possible, post back for an alternative fix...

I actually, was able to just fix it, a little while ago!
I just deleted the upper and lower filters, then uninstalled, then reinstalled it.
So now its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back