Missing execution file

I have downloaded and installed the file PhSp_CS2_English.exe. The setup appeared to continue normally; however, the file Photoshop.exe is missing. Please advise.

I've download the file now, and installs and runs fine. It's worth trying the download again:

Hi Julio,
I downloaded the file (and reinstalled) from the link you provided. Attached are screenshots of (1) the root directory of the PhSp_CS2_UE_Ret folder, and (2) the Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2 folder. The app's execution file is nowhere to be found. I even reinstalled the app again from the setup.exe file. It's a complete mystery to me why it should be missing. Or am I missing something?
Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• root.jpg
    root.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CS2.jpg
    CS2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
That folder is just used for installation. The relevant files are in the .msi package and, by default, they're all installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2

That folder is just used for installation. The relevant files are in the .msi package and, by default, they're all installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2
I thought that Adobe had released those serial numbers "by accident", and disabled the program. :confused:

Not to mention that CS-2 won't import RAW files from any DSLR newer than about 10 years old.

To be fair, if you're working with Jpeg files, you're good to go regardless of camera vintage.

FWIW, "Photoshop Elements", will do everything PS-2 will do, (with certain esoteric exceptions), is still available on DVD, often goes on sale for around $50.00, is a permanent license, and includes the "Organizer". Which serves to index, tag, and store photos. The PSE installation is more than double the volume of PS by itself.

However, Adobe won't update new camera RAW file formats in PSE. Thus, if you're buying a new DSLR every year, you'll have to buy the newest version of PSE for its RAW file capability.

Last edited:
Back