Missing files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I ran a bunch of cleaning utilities - Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG tools - and just want to find out if my system still has problems. Recent scans using Norton Utilities revealed missing files -
msvcp80.dll.
msvcr80.dll.
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll.

I am not sure how to amend the register or how to apply missing files to it

I tried to attach the hijack log but it is in excess of 10000 characters and requests to shorten the log. This would mean there would be missing info?

I am hoping someone can help

cheers Robbie

Do you have Windows Defender installed? If so, first, try to delete c:\program files\windows defender\MSASCui.exe.manifest
That often resolves the problem.
Otherwise, do a gurgle search for Missing msvcr80.dll
There are plenty of solutions online... most having to do with Windows Defender and replacing it with Windows Defender Beta

Note the full path indicated for your missing file
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dl

This is part of Adobe Acrobat. You can try:
- if you the install disk, insert and when prompted select a Repair option
- Go to Add/Remove programs. Click on Acrobat 7.0. If will probably offer Modify or Repair as well (in addition to Remove). If doesn't show modify/repair then just cancel

windows defender

no, I do not have windows defender installed

i did however create a hijackthis log if this is of any assistance

As to my earlier post and now your last post....

Oh! I see you your Adobe directory is simply Adobe Reader
Code:
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

Open adobe reader and somewhere up top either under Help or Tools am sure they offer update. TRy it

I think it is sorted

Hey

Thanks for the assistance. I believe that the files missing were infected AVG files. I have removed AVG and installed AVIR which found infections. I have downloaded the latest version of adobe reader which fixed the remaining missing file.

thanks again
Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back