Moderator deletes

D

DelJo63

I made a gentle post in the Gaming forum this morning and within just a few minutes it was deleted.

The comment was aimed at educating the O.P. that Techspot is not just for gamers, but a community of users with diverse interests. Yea it was off topic, but that happens a lot and we all survive. I strive to be gentle and informative in every post, so draconian deletes are not appreciated. While I've posted several times to Gaming on other issues in the past, but guess I'll just avoid that forum in the future regardless of the O.P's needs so the moderator does not get inflamed.

It must have been moved because I didn't see any recently deleted threads in the Gaming forum. That said, I looked at your post history to see if I could find said post but I didn't see anything related to gaming. I only saw two posts you made today (besides this one): One about RUNAS and one about HTML. Was it one of those?

If the thread was "Venturing into console gaming!", no posts have been deleted from there so far.

no, it was a comment in the topic What's up with Steam and was addressing a bold assumption of the O.P.

No post of yours was deleted from that thread either. I'm at a loss because as I said before a check of your post history shows no such post made (or deleted).

Did you actually see your comment posted in the thread?

yes . . . don't waste good time on this; it's not worth the effort.

Well, it's a mystery to me. There might be a good explanation for what happened but it eludes me at the moment.

Hey jobeard, I just checked as well and there's no deleted post from you on that thread. Just so you know, nobody is allowed to "hard delete" stuff from the forum except for me, meaning the information is only hidden from view if any other person would have tried to delete your post.

At this point the only thing that I imagine could have happened is an AJAX-related bug where your post was never properly submitted/entered into the forum DB.

Can you give a time when this post was made?
It would help me in tracking down any possible bug that could cause this...

At this point the only thing that I imagine could have happened is an AJAX-related bug where your post was never properly submitted/entered into the forum DB.
hmm - - that is a reasonable conjecture.

@Per Hansson et al; let's not waste good time & resources on this any further.
I've let go of the issue, had a good night's sleep and don't want to take this any further.

Best wishes to all.

Caravel, as far as I can see no one deleted any post of yours in the thread in question. Only Julio could have hard deleted it but I don't believe he has even visited the forums today yet. Perhaps it is a bug that Julio mentioned earlier in this thread.

No problem, I'll take your word for it. I may have had a momentary brain freeze (has been known) and not posted at all...

:stickout:

Hmm... another post missing, this can't be good.

Caravel do you recall at what time of the day you posted the message?
Also, did you post from the main site (news comment) or using the forum interface?

Thank you.

Back