Inactive MOM.exe bad image, BSOD, crash

Hey guys, new here, looking for some help. My laptop recently acquired some kind of virus that makes it, after starting and running for about five minutes, shows an error message titled "MOM.exe Bad Image" and shortly there after gives a variation of the BSOD (not the BSOD, it doesn't fill the whole screen) and then it reboots as if nothing happened. I know there are a few issues regarding the MOM.exe and the a few graphics cards but I haven't seen them ever cause the BSOD. Virus that mimics it? Maybe? Help would be nice, thought about restoring to default factory settings and whatever, but thought I'd check here first, thanks!

We'll do some malware scans, but Id like you to have a look here first:

http://www.ehow.com/about_5242294_mom-exe_.html

Let me know if anything described in the referenced site applies to your system.

If you get this far:

If reinstalling the ATI CCC software driver package doesn't fix your problem,
---------------------------
And IF you are not having continued reboots that prevent the running of an scans, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other scanning or cleaning programs other than those I am helping you with.

Hello. Are you still with us?

Your thread has been marked as "Inactive" because of your lack of reply. Please let us know how your computer is running, or if you want to continue in this topic.

Thanks.

Back