Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game

Pink

Hey,

So this started a few days ago, out of the blue. i didnt install anything or change anything. i fired up batman arkham city on my pc (i played that game before on my pc, this was routine), and when going ingame, monitor went black, and gave me that Analog , Digital thing at the upper left corner. then it'll play that Hardware unplugged sound (im on a xp). Screen will stay black and go to sleep mode.

I ran 3dmark 06, same thing happened.

Now, i'm getting no artifacts, no tears, no weird visual glitches. games will even let me go ingame and play for about 2 minutes before the screen shuts down. computer will run fine, 2d is great, videos run great, gpu temps are between 47 to 55 on idle. 75 to 95 on full throttle

i was thinking of dust bunnies or dirt in general inside my gpu's heatsink and around my gpu. i was gonna open the heatsink, but the screws are really tight, and i only have one of those handle-less drivers : http://creamyg.hugelaser.com/Projects/CES_Log/Photo_Log/CES_Log02/Thin_Screwdriver.jpg

What do i do? can't afford a new gpu now.

Ok, i opened up the heatsink, it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned everything up.
I reinstalled the GPU on its usual port, and it wouldn't give me an image. So i set it on another port, and voila, image. i doubt it fixed my problem though.

I'm gonna report later if it goes out of sync again

Ok, not that anyone cares or anything, but i found the problem. GPU.
i switched it with a friend's old gpu, and it works fine... Guess now i have to dish out for a new gpu...

Back