Monitor loses signal when Windows boots up

Chemmers

[FONT=Verdana]When I start my computer [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]with[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] drivers installed my monitor loses the signal when I should be receiving a log in screen. I can boot up fine in safemode and/or if I'm using Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. To my knowledge I do not have an onboard graphics card as there is nothing to plug an avi or vga cord into aside from my graphics card. I should also mention I tried using an NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT and experienced the same problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I am running 64 bit windows 7 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GTX 560.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]*not sure if this should be posted in Drivers section instead, if so please let me know[/FONT]

Get into the bios and check the video settings. PEG (PCIe) should be set as the first display device

Where exactly would I find that? when I go to BIOS the closest thing to what you are suggesting is Advanced > PCIPnP but the only thing in there is turning Plug and Play on and off. I don't see anything that will allow me to set PCIe as the first display

I can but not for another 12 hours as I'm about to leave for work. What would be the best way to do that? take a picture with my camera and upload it?

After talking to tech support with the company I bought it from I've opted to send my computer back so they can figure out what is going on with it and replace anything that needs to be replaced. Thank you for all the help.

Just thought of something, I'm not sure if you can figure anything out form this but I have a log from my last boot (which lost the signal) with drivers installed.

Attachments

• ntbtlog.txt
    119.5 KB · Views: 3
This looks like a corrupted driver issue. Just about anything can cause this. Can you re-install Windows fresh?

I can. I performed a clean re-install the other day, but saw no change. If you think it would help in finding the cause of the problem I can re-install windows again.

Where are you getting the motherboard drivers from, and are you installing any AsusTeK Computer INC. P6x58D-E Version Rev 1.xx utilities too...
"After talking to tech support with the company I bought it from I've opted to send my computer back so they can figure out what is going on with it and replace anything that needs to be replaced"... Is this still and option?

Since your re-install did not fix the issue, there is no point in doing it again. "After talking to tech support with the company I bought it from"... Didn't they test the computer before you picked it up? Was it working correctly?

I have had this computer for 15 months, it was running perfectly until a week ago. There were no updates the day of or before I started having issues.

Because a re-install of Windows doesn't help this issue, you may be dealing with a defective mechanical part, like a motherboard

Back