Monitor losing signal while gaming :(

Chris Barry

So iv had this problem for a while and have put aside my pc and been using my g73 (OMGMYLOVE).. But it's time I start to focus on this since Iv already put so much money into it, (iv just been lazy with a working gaming laptop) So while I game my monitor will shut off and the pc will stay on, I have not a clue as what it might be. I thought it might be from running 2 crossfire cards but I put them in seperetly and it still happens. It's odd, I played bf3 all on Ultra and nothing happend, but the second I start playing dirt 2, BOOM.. Or crysis2, Im running a 1000w Psu, with a i7 920, 10g'sddr3. and a Msi x58 pro Mobo. Oh and 2 HIS iceq turbo X's 6870 and 6850 in Xfire. Iv run some test with OCCT but it's kinda like another language to me.. Maybe I could post them on here and someone could help me, Im about to purchase a 580 in hopes that does something. Im %95 sure nothing is faulty.. But who knows.

Thanks anyone who might be able to lend a hand!

Okay, if you have on-board HD Graphics, make sure it's driver is loaded and set on "AUTO". In the bios disable C1E in the CPU section and make sure that PEG is set as the first graphics device

Magic, I caved and ended up picking up the msi gtx670 and new/better ram. Im hoping this fixes it, Also I dont have an Ob gpu..

Okay, I just upgraded my main computer last Monday, with an Ivy Bridge 3rd generation Intel i5 3450S CPU and a Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard. I had the same video problem as you did with my MSI Geforce 550ti video card. It is working fine now, using the same bios adjustments I mentioned here. My motherboard has the on-board HD graphics

Back