Monitor "No Signal" Issue

Hello All. I am looking for help with my Acer E5-575 laptop and Acer K202HQL Monitor using Windows 10. I recently purchased the monitor and wanted to connect it to my laptop. However, despite doing all of the following, I still see “no signal” on the monitor.

• Connect the laptop and monitor with a VGA cord
  • Connect the laptop and monitor with a HDMI cord
  • Reinstalled Windows 10
  • Removed Generic PnP Monitor graphics card drivers and reinstalled them
  • Removed Generic PnP Monitor graphics card drivers and reinstalled them
  • Rolled back Generic PnP Monitor drivers
  • Ran Intel Processor test and passed
The Generic PnP Monitor says it is working properly in Device Manager. If I do a Windows + P the system says I cannot project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or suing a different video card.

I am also unable to add the monitor as a device.

I am out of ideas and would welcome yours please!

Well lets try this for now, go here and download the vga drivers:

Next read this page carefully:

Now click this link and make sure to read this, depending on what version of windows you have now.
It might throw a fit or two and cause you some grief.

Keep this number, you might want to call acer and have them assist you.
Yeah they do out of warrenty support, be ready to pay immediately if they decide to help you.

Well lets try this for now, go here and download the vga drivers:

Next read this page carefully:

Now click this link and make sure to read this, depending on what version of windows you have now.
It might throw a fit or two and cause you some grief.

Keep this number, you might want to call acer and have them assist you.
Yeah they do out of warrenty support, be ready to pay immediately if they decide to help you.
Thank you ?. I will try it later this morning.

If all else fails after trying that, reach out to acer through a phone call.
They are aware of that problem and they did screw up some during the development of that laptop.

Thank you once again! ?

I tried the steps with no success. It seems either I can't get the laptop to project the signal or it is being projected and the monitor does not recognize it. The monitor shows up in "Device Manager" and "Bluetooth & other devices", but not as an option when I do a Windows + P.

I called Acer a few days ago. They told me to test my monitor with another computer. All my friends have Macs, so I am stuck until I find someone with a PC.

The IT people at work will not let me do it there due to liability. The monitor starts up, shows the Acer logo and then says No Signal. I have both the VGA and HDMI cables connected. I have switched the monitor to Auto, VGA and DVI with no success.

The monitor says DVI-D. The port of the laptop is HDMI. The cable I am using says HCMI. Is there a difference between DVI-D and HCMI? Am I using the wrong cable? The one I have in is AmazonBasics DVI to HDMI Cable.

It's frustrating because the window to return in in almost closed to return it.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Back