Tech Stocking Stuffers: 18 awesome gifts under $50

Monitor not displaying after installing new ram stick

By Simon james
Nov 3, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Hi hope someone can help I have a custom build which I have had for about 3 months I had 8gb of DDR3 ram and because of streaming and a lot of high powered games I just wanted to upgrade my ram for the future so bought a hyper x fury DDR3 8gb black edition my current one is hyper x fury DDR3 blue addition which I checked were compatable so I installed the new stick but my pc loads up but I'm having no displays on my monitors so I took out the new ram but still won't work, I swapped ports still nothing I took my GPU out and checked that still nothing I removed the CMOS battery for 3 mins still nothing my keyboard aosmetimes lights up but my mouse and fans stay on and sounds like my pc is on and running fine but no display before I installed the ram I had no issues what's so ever hopefully someone can recommend something as I am stressing appreciate any help cheers guys

2. holdum323

holdum323 TS Enthusiast Posts: 430   +41

Hi. I'm wondering if you damaged the mother board when you replaced the RAM. Where did you get the new RAM?
    Was the new RAM hard to seat in the slots? Did you make sure you were grounded with a electrostatic wristband when replacing the RAM?

3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing. Posts: 2,824   +550

Something may have loosened up, like video card or the connectors?

holdum323 likes this.