1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Monitor not displaying picture

By Triston M · 6 replies
May 22, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Ok so I hope this isn’t a stupid question but I own a Samsung monitor. One night I hooked up my Xbox to the monitor and used the hdmi option. After using my Xbox on the monitor for a while I decided to unhook my Xbox and hook it back up to the tv. The next day I decided to use my computer which is always on analog, but there was no picture. I can’t figure out what’s wrong because everything starts up normally, and this all started after using my monitor to play my Xbox.

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,997   +1,177

Check your monitor's manual for 'set-up'. Many monitors set a default mode and may need a special instruction to accept a new port definition.

3. Triston M

Triston M TS Rookie Topic Starter

Unfortunately I don’t have the manual anymore.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,386   +616

Cycloid Torus likes this.
  5. Triston M

Triston M TS Rookie Topic Starter

It seems like that doesn’t help either, even the menu does not show up, it’s just a blank screen.

6. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,997   +1,177

Umm, not good. Confirm electrical power connection and try for menu using buttons as described in manual. Most manuals have some troubleshooting suggestions in the last 2-3 pages. If you cannot get menu on screen then you may want to contact Samsung support for troubleshooting ideas before you ask for RMA as a warranty claim

7. Cycloid Torus

...which is why one checks the manual. There is a forest of cutie-pie little keystrokes and button presses and the manual helps find them (like, press the 3rd button from the left twice and hold the right button down for 5 seconds while facing East, etc, etc).

Hope there is one - or even a 'full reset' kind of thing - otherwise it is RMA time.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...