Monitor not displaying picture

Triston M

TS Rookie
Ok so I hope this isn’t a stupid question but I own a Samsung monitor. One night I hooked up my Xbox to the monitor and used the hdmi option. After using my Xbox on the monitor for a while I decided to unhook my Xbox and hook it back up to the tv. The next day I decided to use my computer which is always on analog, but there was no picture. I can’t figure out what’s wrong because everything starts up normally, and this all started after using my monitor to play my Xbox.

Cycloid Torus

Stone age computing - click on the rock below..
Check your monitor's manual for 'set-up'. Many monitors set a default mode and may need a special instruction to accept a new port definition.

Cycloid Torus

Umm, not good. Confirm electrical power connection and try for menu using buttons as described in manual. Most manuals have some troubleshooting suggestions in the last 2-3 pages. If you cannot get menu on screen then you may want to contact Samsung support for troubleshooting ideas before you ask for RMA as a warranty claim

Cycloid Torus

A special instruction?First time I heard of this.
...which is why one checks the manual. There is a forest of cutie-pie little keystrokes and button presses and the manual helps find them (like, press the 3rd button from the left twice and hold the right button down for 5 seconds while facing East, etc, etc).

Hope there is one - or even a 'full reset' kind of thing - otherwise it is RMA time.