Monitor not responding to new custom rig

Just finished up my new pc build and just as i go to connect the monitor. It does not respond to my computer. I tried many things, swapping out the ram, using the onboard graphics instead of my MSI 460gtx. Also, when i turn on my computer the leds and fans do turn on cpu and mobo seem fine disc drive opens. What could be my problem? This is my first build so keep in mind i may not know how to do everything so please try to keep your suggestions easy to understand.

Thanks in advanced, Jeff

Specs
Amd phenom x6 1090t
GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H
MSI 460gtx cyclone
2x4gb G.Skill ram
1 tb seagate
asus disc drive
750 watt psu
Antec 1200 v3

Did you check whether or not the monitor was on the right input source? If you're using, say, a DVI cable, make sure you choose DVI as the source; some monitors don't do this automatically. Also, obligatory comment about making sure all power pins are connected to the motherboard; that got me once when I was building a machine.

Well on my monitor it has 3 different settings Analog, Digital, and HDMI. I assumed that the white cable that came with the screen was the digital on because i recognized the older style blue cable. The thing is though it just cycles through all 3 of those settings and eventually will not connect and say check signal.

Back