Monitor not turning on with new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has bought this graphics card:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143208
(GeForce 210, 64-bit, DDR2 PIC-E, in case you don't trust the linK)

She's saying that her monitor doesn't turn on (no power light) when she pulgs in her new video card, but her onboard still works. I had her install the new drivers before putting the new card it, and that didn't work, and we tried resetting her bios. I know she has a Slimline system, but i'm not sure on the mobo specs

make sure to properly uninstall and remove the previous drivers for the integrated graphics; use Driver Sweeper to purge associated files before installing the new set.

EXCellR8 if the monitor doesnt turn on when you first start the pc it cant be Driver related, the OS and drivers load after POST

OP doesn't specify when there is no video... only that the monitor doesn't even power on, which doesn't make much sense. you still need to remove the old drivers even before you go and disable the onboard video. I'm not saying that's what is causing the problem but you need to make the necessary steps anyways before installing a new adapter.

Could be not enough power to run the card? Thus PSU would need to be upgraded to 500Watt.
Could be a bad video card gone DOA.
Monitor might be set to the wrong VIS (visual image size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back