Monitor "Out of Range" Error

I recently (today) started having this issue while playing games. It seems to happen roughly 15-30 minutes into playing a game. My computer is a few years old, but no hardware changes of any kind have taken place in at least a year. The monitor is an ASUS that can only run 1080/60 hz. I keep my Nvidia drivers up to date, and I've checked the solutions I could find online (Nvidia control panel settings, Windows settings, game config files and in-game settings).

Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190714155342.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (30 GB Free); E: 1862 GB (1795 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z170X-Gaming 7, ver x.x, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Not sure how you got there, I think it's a fouled registry setting. This will get the screen back, reset the screen resolution from the desktop 'right click' to Display Settings. There are some other things to do, but see if this works.

MSCONFIG - RESET SCREEN RESOLUTION.png

Somehow my post dropped the suggestion to uninstall and reinstall Nvidia's drivers.

But yes, you should. Running Windows default video mode probably doesn't look good. :/

Back