Monitor randomly shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just bought a new pc about a month ago. It's a pretty decent one. Normally I've played every game on it smoothly no problem. I've played Crysis on it for hours no problem whatsoever. But I just bought the new Warhammer online game and when I play it online it runs and plays fine. But as soon as I play RvR (realm vs realm) game, mymonitor shuts off and says no input connected. And the only way I can recover out of it is by restarting. Any ideas or help?

AMD 64 X2 dual core processor 6000+ 3 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT (512MB)
4GB DDR2
Monitor: Acer 17'' AL1714B

Sounds like a video driver issue. I would suggest a possible heat problem but since you've mentioned hours of Crysis playtime that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. I would try updating your graphics card to the latest WHQL version and maybe try a beta driver from Guru3D. Also, since the card is new, there might be a bug involved with this problem, may have to wait for a patch... Have you tried Googling the issue to see if anyone else is experience the same or similar problem?

If he only has the issue with one game, i wouldn't say its a driver issue, more like a issue with that game.

i just bought a PC game and everytime before it launches it says that i dont have the minimum system requirments but i do: mouse,
keyboard,
internet connection,
GHz 1.2 processer,
Direct x 9.0c,
256mb of RAM

Then about 7 mins into the game, my computer screen turns black and it automatically restarts!
I'm not sure if it's the the game, my fans, the dust or something else because i just got a virus cleaned off recently. It's getting relly annoying.... WHAT DO I DO????

I've had trouble with certain games that just would not work with my system. I have had similar problems to what you are relating to. My computer would reboot in the middle of one particular game. Eventually, I would just give up playing that particular game. I would try going into the properties of the execution file on the CD, and have it run under a different operating system (Maybe WinMe or 98) than what you are running right now, and that may work. Sometimes that is enough to keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back