Monitor shuts off on startup

morboz

Hey everyone!
I have searched around for similar issues but couldnt find one close enough.

the problem is my monitor is turned off after the windows logo on startup, it displays the pc startup process up until this logo.
now, if I boot into safe-mode the display works just fine, furthermore, if I restart from safe-mode into normal-mode the display will work as well.
this means that everytime I start up my machine I need to go into safe-mode first.
I tested with a different monitor and the problem remains.
any suggestions would be welcome.

Sound like it may be your drivers for your video card. Lets hope! Or it could be a bad video chip or card, Try reinstalling the drivers with the latest update and see if that helps.

Its a desktop
and installing new drivers didnt fix this issue
and while its a pretty old card, I dont think thats the cause, I have the feeling its more of a windows problem
like it dosnt recognize the correct res/refresh rate or something, and only after safe-mode it "remembers" the correct setting
ofcourse, chances are I am way off :)

The video card is probably bad. Because it seems to work in the SAFE MODE, this just means that the video driver is minimal. In standard Windows, the video driver is in full use. Something that the video card can no longer process

But it works just fine in "standard Windows" aswell... as I have mentioned.
only it takes a restart from safe mode to normal mode to work

Is the bios set for PEG (PCIe) as the first video device? This also could e a power supply issue. Does the card need to be connected to the power supply?

Back