Most recent activity

LookinAround

Not a big deal either way.. but just to throw in my 1 1/2 cents worth for an opinion:

I preferred / found it handier when we used to have about 4 pages (48 hours?) of Most Recent Activity to peruse

The most recent activity query has always been capped at 24 hours (increasing it might be a good idea). The change that recently took place was the ability to show/hide threads from the two forums that are strictly dedicated to tech support, namely: BSOD and Malware removal.

"I can now see" (said the blind man) :)

But now a couple other points:
1) I was, in fact, so "blind" i never noticed the Show/Hide Topic line
2) And even when i first read the Show/Hide Topic line, it's intent wasn't 100% clear (or maybe was just the case for me)

Perhaps it should more aptly read something like Show/Hide TechSpot Forums xxxx and xxxx (fill in the blanks with the forums' exact names)

And/or perhaps a bit large font, and/or color or something like
====> Click to Show / Hide TechSpot Forums xxxx and xxxx to draw the eye's attention?

/* edit */
So, then, is the default set to Hide??? (i'll guess as it appears i was seeing less). If so, that could be a problem for new members who post but then won't see nor understand why their topics don't appear under Recent Activity?

I've made a few adjustments based on your feedback.

You should now see more topics from the last day or so. The new default setting for "Currently Active Topics" is to hide BSOD and Malware forum results.

Many have complained over the years that these were taking too much space in the results and more often than not regular members come here for the discussion and techie conversation and not for addressing recurrent BSOD/Malware support threads that are handled by a few very dedicated individuals that analyze logs and follow up on those threads until solved.

Our hope is that this will have a positive impact on the community and how you engage on the conversations taking place here on a daily basis.

Back