Motherboard Advice for Intel PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackgreat

Hello Everyone.

I will be buying a pc for office purpose. I am more of an Intel guy than AMD. I am focussing right now on -

-Intel Core 2 DUO
-2 GB RAM
-Will use motherboard's inbuilt Graphics & Sound
-SATA Hard drive
-Windows XP

I need advice from you guys as to which motherboard should I go for. I mean i dont want to go for a cheap board and ruin my pc's performance.

I dunno if this is true or not but are intel original motherboards better than chipsets (like mercury, asus, gigabyte etc).

I was thinking of going for Intel DG31PR motherboard. It costs around $65 here. What do you guys say ?

Thank You,

JG

If the Intel motherboard meets your needs, they are usually good solid boards, but nothing fancy. Many of the other motherboards on the market above $100, have many more features and better stability. It all depends on your budget and needs

I can recommend an entire build for you with specific parts. Refer to this thread for information on how to post the required information.

Intel boards are usually very reliable. They are not enthusiast material because of the limited OCing potential and lacklustre looks, but for an office PC they are an excellent choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back