Motherboard cought a spark

Hi guys,

Just tried installing 2nd hand components and when I first started up the fans of my CPU/Graphics card/Coolers didn't work and I noticed a little spark on the MB near the VGA card. I blew it out and pulled the power immediately... I was scared for the damage to say the least...

But after some time I noticed that on one side there was contact with the lower side of my MB on the case it was mounted on. So I demounted a bit, tried again and everything worked, CPU/VGA/Coolers, even heard the good old 'BEEP'. I have no screen to test it on so I can only see the result tonight. Could I just have been the most lucky person a live or is there no way that everything is still intact? :-/

Well I would say theres still a chance that there was minimal-no damage, however you cant be sure till you actually hook up the machine to a monitor we cant be sure.

Ive seen computers leak water from liquid cooling units all over componenets while on and function just fine, computers dropped on the sidewalk, and many more things that should have ended a computers life yet it kept on running, so anything is possible!

Okay, everything seems to be allright! Everything started up nice and just checked the hardware no warnings are visible... I guess I was lucky...

Back