Motherboard, CPU and RAM compatibility

Hi, I'm new here and I'm building my first PC.

What I had in mind was these products

M5A99X EVO motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.20GHz (Socket AM3)

Zotac Geforce GT440 1GB DDR5 Graphics Video Card

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL9 XMP (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9(XMP)
(going to buy 2 sticks for now and anoter 2 in the near future)

I'm just checking that these are all capable of running together and get any recomendations on other products.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Ive checked if the ram is ok for the motherboard and yes, its on the QVL, and it says 4 dimm so I think it can handle 4 sticks of this.

Another thing I was worried about is on the CPU stats here
overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-244-AM&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1943[/url]

It says:

- DDR3-1333 support
- Integrated Dual-Channel Memory Controller with up to DDR3-1333 support

Does that mean the rams not compatible as its DDR3-1866.

I was just going to buy a 750w power supply, something like this
ebay.co.uk/itm/ACE-750W-Black-PSU-Power-supply-with12cm-120mm-Fan-/160607785717?pt=UK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item2564f852f5[/url]

Sory ive quoted links and not put "www" at the beginning, havent made 5 posts yet and it wont let me.

I think that RAM will only work with a FX CPU, but I'm not 100% so best to let someone else confirm. Sorry, I missed that in my original post. The motherboard itself will support upto 32GB of RAM, at upto DDR3-2133. That however is for the upcoming FX CPUs.

I would strongly recommend a PSU from Enermax, Corsair (Not builder series (you want GS/TX/VX/AX), Silverstone, Antec (high current gamer versions), OCZ (Not fata1ty though), or Seasonic. The one you linked doesn't work, but the name alone (ACE) puts me off. A PSU is the most crucial part of a setup, a cheap one is a bad idea for many reasons.

I think that RAM will only work with a FX CPU, but I'm not 100% so best to let someone else confirm. Sorry, I missed that in my original post. The motherboard itself will support upto 32GB of RAM, at upto DDR3-2133. That however is for the upcoming FX CPUs.

I would strongly recommend a PSU from Enermax, Corsair (Not builder series (you want GS/TX/VX/AX), Silverstone, Antec (high current gamer versions), OCZ (Not fata1ty though), or Seasonic. The one you linked doesn't work, but the name alone (ACE) puts me off. A PSU is the most crucial part of a setup, a cheap one is a bad idea for many reasons.

Thanks for the advice, Ill make sure I break the bank a little more and get a more reliable PSU.

Can anybaody else confirm that this ram and CPU wont run together???
Need to know as I've already purchased them both :p
thanks

Back