Moto G6 lands at Verizon for $240 outright

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: Motorola has had a fantastic run with its Moto G series in the hyper competitive budget smartphone segment. With more heat coming from the likes of Huawei and Honor, Motorola is hoping the Moto G6 becomes the ultimate mid-range phone of 2018.

One of Motorola’s latest budget-minded handsets is now available stateside. The Moto G6, one of half a dozen new phones announced in April, can now be had at Verizon retail stores and online priced at $240 outright or $10 per month for 24 months.

The Moto G6 features a 5.7-inch IPS Full HD+ 1080p LCD panel (18:9 aspect ratio) coated in Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 450 SoC alongside Adreno 506 graphics, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage (expandable via microSD card).

There does appear to be a variant with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of local space although the model on sale at Verizon is listed with the lesser capacities.

Motorola’s new handset also features dual 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture that can capture 1080p video at up to 60 frames per second and a front-facing 8-megapixel shooter that’s good for up to 1080p videos at 30 fps. You also get Dolby audio, a 3.5mm headphone jack, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and a 3,000mAh battery. Android 8.0 Oreo comes pre-installed out of the box.

Verizon lists the Moto G6 as being available only in black although Motorola’s website also has deep indigo (blue) and blush (rose gold / pinkish) options.

If you’re in the market for an entry-level Android, this should be on your shortlist for consideration.

Permalink to story.

Have to look at it. I've had the Moto for about 6 years now and never a problem. Mine cost $200 back then through Consumer Cellular and I must admit, they have lived up to every promise they have made .... certainly a rare thing in the consumer telephone market!

Have to look at it. I've had the Moto for about 6 years now and never a problem. Mine cost $200 back then through Consumer Cellular and I must admit, they have lived up to every promise they have made .... certainly a rare thing in the consumer telephone market!

I use the Moto Z2 Force I am happy with it next crop Z5 looks proming at best it's just android OS still buggy like all it's versions of the OS has been. I don't have much hope in Android 9 if only they would listen and fix the code instead of just adding more code to the orignal. So you have consumer cellular and why do you like that over the others? I need unlimited everything and high speed data I do not want to be short changed in the data department.

Back