Mouse too slow. Pointer Speed at Max. No DPI setting.

Mugsy

A few months ago I bought a super high-rez (30" 2560x1600, 16:10) monitor, and I'm about breaking my thumb rolling the trackball to cross the screen.

I have an old MS "Intelipoint" usb Optical Trackball that I wouldn't give up without a gun to my head. It's old and the latest "MS Mouse & Keyboard Control Center" software does not recognize it. I use 64bit Win7, so I'm using the old Intellipoint software (latest version 8.2) to configure it.

The pointer is now slower than I prefer since I got the new monitor. It takes a lot of rolling to get the pointer to traverse all those pixels.

I have the Pointer Speed slider at max and unchecking "Enhance pointer precision" helped a little, but not enough.

There MUST be a way to get the pointer to move further with less movement. I also use Ubuntu Linux, and max speed on the mouse/pointer settings is actually TOO fast, so I know it can be done.

Many MANY years ago when I used a non-Windows computer, there were simple apps that "doubled" your mouse speed by making it move twice as far in one pass. Something like that would be helpful.

I searched online and nothing I've found applies to my situation. And like I said, replacing the trackball isn't even up for debate. Can anyone help me out here?

Back