Mozilla shows potential Firefox 3.7 theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

It's only been a few weeks since Firefox 3.5 went live, and Mozilla has already released a mockup of 3.7’s theme. They have posted several screenshots of a potential user interface for the future build. The theme is displayed on Windows Vista and 7 (with and without Aero), as well as XP.

While it's still in the workshop, the images provide a glimpse of some changes you might see in the coming versions of Firefox. In addition to embracing glass on Windows Vista and 7, the future layout may include a tools button on the right side of your search bar, and a page button on the left of your tabs.

Mozilla hopes to introduce a more significant series of changes with Firefox version 4.0. Among the current ideas is one which would combine and move the reload, stop and go buttons, the addition of a tab sidebar, moving tabs above the main toolbar and quite a few other UI tweaks.

Permalink to story.

Aye, that makes three of us. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. I don't really care for 4.0's tabs above the main toolbar, though.

Agreed, it looks a little like Chrome, which is actually a good thing. Google said at the beginning they wanted others to copy them, so here we go.

Umm, this absolutely does not look like chrome whatsoever. You guests are probaby the same people that said Windows XP was a rip off of Mac OS X.

It is the actual operation that bothers me.
I was not fond of the way that 3.0 and 3.5 seemed to take over without apparent permission, and changed a lot of things that I found startling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back