MSI Infinite X Gaming Desktop Review: A solid machine that has it where it counts

Julio Franco

Staff member
I don't see the additional $250 over the parts cost- for a fully built rig -as being a "premium". Labor isn't free.

The unfinished edge around the side panel is an awful omission, and a 550W PSU for a 1080 Ti is cringeworthy. Nvidia states the minimum should be 600W. I'm sure it can handle it but I see the PSU as the weak link in this system. The question is, what else will it take down when it fails?

Should have been 550w for 1070, 650w for 1080 and 750w for the ti. Other than that shady spec, they're actually pretty nice machines for the price.

Yeah, ditto to what others have said. The PSU, that awful unfinished grey edge, the top of the case's angled lines. I would add those awfully naked green ram sticks, the little panel screws and that power button. I would also add no AMD build available? You could probably have taken care of those objectionable with some AMD lube! The savings would have paid for those. But hey to each his/her own.

Back