MSI launches new 15-inch gaming laptop, GX640

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

MSI has announced its new GX640 gaming notebook, which is already on the virtual shelves of Amazon for $1,099 and it should reach Newegg later this month. The system features a 15.4-inch 1680x1050 display, a 2.26GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-430M processor, an ATI Radeon HD5850 graphics chip with 1GB of VRAM, 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz RAM, and a 500GB 7200RPM HDD.

The GX640 is also equipped with a DVD burner, a webcam, a chiclet keyboard, a 4-in-1 card reader, 802.11a/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, HDMI and D-Sub connectors, two USB 2.0 ports as well as one eSATA combo, Firewire, and headphone/mic jacks. It ships with a nine-cell battery, weighs around 6.3lbs, runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and is backed by a three-year warranty.

Permalink to story.

I would want something like this but this probably doesn't have enough battery to get through a domestic airline flight watching a movie

For the price, I would have a least expected a Blu-ray drive in there.

Nice!

My Lenovo Y550P will last 3+ hrs on powa save & it's 6 cell... although it does throttle down...

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Fn key placement is where the Ctrl key is suppose to be which runins its gaming awsomeness now. I'm sold if they swapped those keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back