Multi daily BSOD will PayPal for fix

Zocheyado

So! this is a tough one, So for almost a year and a half now My computer has been blue screening, probably about 300-400 times, (at the most inconvenient times of course) but here is my problem, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, So when it first started I like most people who get a blue screen do just did a fresh reinstall of windows and that did nothing for me, since then I have probably done it 3-4 times my most recent is about a month ago, I uploaded here before and someone told me it was my HDD, So I replaced it, then I went to another forum where they told me it was my ram, so I got a totally new separate brand ram that was on the motherboard manufacturers certified list, then it keep happening, so I thought okay! this is ridonkulus lets just get a new motherboard, So I did that and it did it even more then before! so I returned the mobo to keep my old one to save some money since that wasn't it, Then I was like whatever ill just deal with it. So I went along and then after like 20 BSOD on my new install I was confused and found out how to read minidump files...kinda, atleast found out what crashed it. Then I saw that the most recent 20 had been graphics card, previously a GTX Sonic 460, So I was like okay ill go ATI, probably would work better with my amd CPU anyway right? so I got that....and the past 7 crashes since the new card have all been ATIKMDAG.SYS which is a ati system file. I have tried using older versions and newest versions of the ati driver to no avail and I just cant convince myself that It is just a driver issue after all of that. Any help would just be soooo appreciated, My latest attempt to fix it was going on the motherboard forums as well as GPU and RAM forums to see what voltages my things should be running at and adjusting them in bios, and the system crashed like normal not extraordinarily early or late So I turned them back and hoped for the best. GAh!!!!! sorry for the long post and the rage, just frustrating, since I have replaced the HDD, Ram, GPU, and the mobo to no avail....I honestly think I must have had 2 problems fixed one at one point and gah I dont know. Uploaded the windows BSOD thing you guys use aswell as the raw minidumps if you guys need them! I would legitimately paypal someone 20$ if they could figure this one out!!! gahh! It crashes most often during starcraft 2, which is good because I cant play more then 5 games without it crashing so if I figure it out I will know! Also! I always have temp readers on both my cpu and gpu always and neither have ever gotten hot. I have ran memtest 86+ for hours upon hours and run several checkdisk with no errors at all. Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    153.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump1.zip
    197 KB · Views: 2
In light of your minidumps...

1. What is the make and purported wattage of your power supply?

2. Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Rosewill RV2-700 700W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI is my PSU, and my ram is,
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb rated at 1.5v which is what they are at =/ what did you gather from the minidumps

**edit jk, ram is corsair XMS, forgot I replaced ram, rated at 1.65v will change and be back, but continue thinking.

Link us to both your motherboard and RAM. Memory corruption was cited as the cause of crashes as was the ATI driver atikmpag.sys but between the two memory corruption takes center stage.

Faulty memory voltage settings will result often as corrupted memory.

Motherboard is the GIGABYTE 870-UD3A, changed the ram settings to 1.65 as rated which was quite a bit more then the 1.50 it was at, surprising though you would think it would be graphics card voltage if anything for the ATIKMDAG but, w/e gonna keep playing to see if it rages

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145324
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443

cant post links yet so add www before them

And boom goes the blue screen, about 5 games into starcraft after changing the voltages it BSOD again...sigh

Attachments

• Newminidump.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
You may have two issues going on at the same time as this dump cites an ATI driver as the problem. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Also I cannot find any links to drive sweeper as guru3d has discontinued it.

WHAT?! I just checked it out myself. I am astonished. Anyway, try updating the latest drivers from AMD/ATI and get back to us with the results.

WHAT?! I just checked it out myself. I am astonished. Anyway, try updating the latest drivers from AMD/ATI and get back to us with the results.
Me too! Couldn't believe it when i first read it! But i found CNET has v3.1 still available for download. TechSpot has v3.0.0. Get 'em while they're hot (and still around!)

Now i'll leave the BSOD debugging back to Rt44's knowledge hands.. :)

Well I had the most up to date already, But i found a 3.1.0 from softpedia so I will try that out and get back to you guys

Me too! Couldn't believe it when i first read it! But i found CNET has v3.1 still available for download. TechSpot has v3.0.0. Get 'em while they're hot (and still around!)

Now i'll leave the BSOD debugging back to Rt44's knowledge hands.. :)

Thanks for this information. I'll download both versions. It might behoove TS to also offer 3.1.

Again it crashes, this time it did what it does sometimes and just freezes entirely repeating the last sound that was played over and over so no minidump file this time bur still broken....*sigh*

Did you build this system or buy it? If you built it please tell us your motherboard manufacture.

If bought, what is the make, i.e. Dell, HP, etc.?

Sorry, I also should have asked if you are using onboard sound or a dedicated sound card. Which is it?

Go to Gigabyte's website and find your exact model #. Then update the latest onboard audio drivers that they have. Does this bring stability or does the issue continue?

Downloading new audio drivers, there wouldn't happen to be pci/graphics card voltages that need adjusting like ram?

Downloading new audio drivers, there wouldn't happen to be pci/graphics card voltages that need adjusting like ram?

No. However, we could test the voltage out of your power supply. Have you ever used a digital multimeter before? Can you borrow one if need be?

Don't want to derail this, just wanted to let you guys know that we should be updating our download section to include DriverSweeper v3.1 shortly. Thanks for pointing it out :). Oh, and best of luck resolving your issues Zocheyado, you're in good hands with Route44.

And the rage continues, I have not used a multi meter and I wouldn't be able to get one for about 2 weeks when I go back to school. I attached the most recent BSOD during wc3....sigh. Thanks for the help so far, just thought I would let you know im bumping the price to 30$ if someone fixes it

*edit* plus I doubt it could be the power supply because Im not sure if I mention this in the first post but I also replaced the PSU. It blue screened before and after.

Attachments

• 080211-57860-01.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
Another ATI driver was cited as the cause.

Please refresh our memory and tell us all the steps you have done in the correct order concerning your video card and drivers.

Well it was crashing for a long time just at random, then it started crashing just due to nvidia driver, it did that for like 20 or so times, so I got a new card entirely, ati 6950 flex edition 2gb, and so I got brand new amd drivers fresh and installed, and it started bsoding, then after you told me to try and reinstall, I took and used drive sweeper to uninstall the old ati drivers, re installed them again and still =/

Back