Multiple iexplore.exe processes - known IE8 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen many threads regarding an issue with multiple iexplore.exe processes, that also might cause a browser getting stuck.
I've been experiencing the same issue ever since I installed IE8 (yes, yes, I know it's a bad browser - but please humor me with this question). Google chrome seems to work without such an issue. I don't have firefox installed.

at least 2 iexplore processes start every time I open a browser, and opening tabs and surfing the web seem to open more, which don't seem to close. The explorer itself seem to get stuck every once in a while, which forces me to stop the processes via task manager. I don't see the processes unless I open a browser, and I didn't have this issue on IE7.

I haven't found any thread about such a known issue in IE8, and certainly no fix. The threads I've sen vary in the reason, and some of them discuss multiple iexplore.exe processes which occur even without opening browser.

Is anyone aware of such an issue in IE8? If it is an issue with IE8 - are micorsoft aware of this and already created a fix which I do not know about?

I don't want to get into the whole hijack thing. I just wanted to ask if anyone is aware of such an issue.

MS Internet Explorer does show 2 processes running when you open it, it's normal, as of yet there is no fix, and I don't think there will ever be one. There may be a fix for something else which may automatically fix that issue some day, but it isn't really an issue. IE8 isn't all that bad, I still use Firefox, but I'll admit IE has improved.

oh, ok, so the problem is just that some processes do not close even if I close the browser and/or the parts where the browser get stuck (and that might be a totally different thing)...

oh, ok, so the problem is just that some processes do not close even if I close the browser and/or the parts where the browser get stuck (and that might be a totally different thing)...

Try running Advanced System Care it has a lot of good utilities in it that does a great job at clearing out your system. As for processes not closing (it will, it actually takes longer than normal... a lot longer).
I've run across that before and found lack of sufficient memory to blame, try checking it. As for IE8, it's normal to have 2 processes, I experimented a while back and had (I think) up to 5 processes after opening 4 windows (not tabs). I thnk maybe because it's a 64bit application, but I can't say for sure because I don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back