Multiple restarts on PC

Captain Master

Hello, this is my first post here.
So, more than 1 year ago, I just bought a new gaming PC.
Everything was fine, unless one thing: When I first boot my system, I got to restart it 2 more times until it works normally. I thought that problem was not affecting anything and did the 2 restarts right away... for 1 year (or even more).
Some days ago, my PC was so slow, wouldn't even turn on, the problem was the internal HDD, it broke.
I took the Computer and went to the shop where I bought it, and they could install a new HDD, this time with Windows 10 (I lost all my data and didn't really want Windows 10).
After all that, I thought the 2 restarts problem would be fixed, but I was surprised because it wasn't.
So, anyone has a fix for my problem? I'd appreciate any help.
Note 1: I already turned the fast boot option off, that useless option that makes the PC boot up faster.
Note 2: I heard the problem may be the power supply, I have a 500W Power Supply. I'll be giving my PC specs right here.

My Computer Specifications
Motherboard: ASRock N68-GS4 FX Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 7025
CPU: AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core Processor, Core Voltage: 1.328V-1.336V While not playing any games
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 1GB Dedicated Memory
RAM Memory: Corsair DDR3 8GB Voltage: 1.5V
Power Supply: 500W Couldn't get too much information of this

Nice system...but you may be right about PSU. No easy way to tell.

I think you are saying that it takes a couple of restarts to get the system up and running. This can cause all sorts of trouble, especially if it is trying to update OS or drivers.

If you have another PSU, you might want to try it and see if the restarts stop. I keep a couple on the shelf, but I am keeping 5 older machines running. Maybe you can borrow one.

Other advice? http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000776.htm

Hello. First of all yeah, that a really nice PC, and yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say. It takes 2 restarts from the first boot up until it gets to boot normally.
I have only this 500W PSU, but I will try buying a 600W one and test it. If you think 600W isn't enough, tell me so I don't waste money in a 600W PSU.
Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Before you commit to buying another PSU, see if you can take it to a local shop to have them test your PSU for you. This will save you time and money in the event that it's not your PSU. With that said, your problem could also be tied to faulty/malfunctioning RAM and/or motherboard. There is no easy way beyond swapping a different one in to test a MOBO, but for your RAM, you can use something like Memtest to make sure they're not causing any issues.

Also, if you can, I'd contact the vendor that you purchased the machine from. They may be able to offer you some support in terms of troubleshooting / getting parts replaced.

Thanks for warning me of that. I will see if the guys on the shop I bought the PC can test my computer with a 600W PSU.
If that's not the problem, I'll do what you said, check the RAM, but I'm sure my motherboard is fine, otherwise, I'd have more problems with other parts.
Thanks for your help.

Back