My 500GB Western Digital My Passport not seen in the system

I mistakenly plugged in my hard drive with the cable twisted and has hence not seen on any system I plugged it into afterwards,it sounds as though it is spinning inside with the indicator light on but wouldn't just come up, the light blinks but nothing is seen in my computer nor disk management,I have tried different cables, system but nothing.
Is there a way I can get my files back?

You can try removing it from the enclosure. It will void the warranty, but if you are more interested in the data than the warranty it's worth a shot.

My guess is your physically damaged the plug when you forced it in the wrong way (the unit is keyed, so you must have used considerable force to do that), but the actual drive inside is probably undamaged. Remove it from the case and hook it up via SATA.

EDIT:
Actually - I did a little research on this and I guess it will depend on what version you have. Apparently the B8B version has the USB controller built into the drive itself, so you wouldn't be able to do as I suggested.

Check out this video - this guy explains why the B8B version is different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ej3zBeCv0&feature=related

The interior of the drive after removing it from the case has the USB port attached to it so it can't enter the SATA, what else can I do, I need the files there as soon as possible.

Back