My cmos battery is keeping on dying within 2 months help me what will be the problem?

My cmos battery is keeping on dying within 2 months help me what will be the problem?

now the battery is discharging anytime .......and my pc is overheating on the side where there is fan

A short?

Did you change anything which attached or was screwed to the motherboard? Could there have been any contamination by conductive particles (like from drilling a hole in the case)? Could the CMOS jumper be in the wrong place? Loose screw trapped under motherboard?

You said "my pc is overheating on the side where there is fan " - is the fan working properly?

Any issues with power supply?

My basic understanding (which could be wrong) is that the battery keeps information about settings as adjusted when there is no power. If the power supply is connected and the PSU supports providing a trickle of current then the battery can last for almost a decade. A 'no trickle' condition might cut the life to 24 months or so. For the battery to crash in a matter of weeks would indicate a draw much bigger than the trickle - a short.

Back